We currently have two job vacancies. Branch Manager and Animal Centre Supervisor. Please scroll down for details.
As a charity we have limited resources and as such, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of applying for a position please assume that unfortunately, on this occasion, you have not been selected for an interview.
Based in Halifax.
Salary: c£30,000 per annum plus benefits.
During 2010 the two branches of Halifax and Huddersfield merged and the area of operation increased twofold, hugely expanding the operation of the core purpose and objectives of the charity, which is to prevent cruelty, promote kindness and alleviate the suffering of animals. This expansion created the need for additional fundraising and PR activities to fund the new scale of welfare and, in addition to the Animal Centre and a network of fosterers, enabling us to care for over 120 animals at any time, the branch now operates 8 charity shops and an online shop.
The creation of this new post is essential, therefore, to provide a strategic overview across all areas of branch activity. It will drive the performance of the branch and provide guidance to the operational managers in the delivery of their performance objectives.
The post will have overall responsibility for the management and administration of all branch affairs; the delivery of animal welfare services; the profitability and effectiveness of the charity shops; fundraising; and the performance and welfare of all branch staff and volunteers within the branch area.
Principal Accountabilities are:
- Business planning and finance through the formulation, development and managing the achievement of a business plan.
- Annual branch budgets, reports, ensuring control of expenditure
- Branch annual report and auditable annual accounts.
- Integration of the functions of a multi-disciplinary staff team, providing leadership and managing performance.
- Oversee the generation of income, PR and campaigning activities; fostering effective relationships within the branch area and across the wider Society and with local authorities and the local business community.
You will be:
· educated to a minimum of A level standard or equivalent
· able to demonstrate drive, enthusiasm, focus and committed leadership with excellent performance management and communication skills
· competent in the analysis and use of statistics and financial data.
· computer literate and have an understanding of how social media can be utilised by a charity.
· able to demonstrate a clear understanding of legislation as it applies to Health & Safety, Animal Welfare, Data Protection, Equality and Diversity and Employment.
To apply, please download the links below which form our recruitment pack.
The closing date for completed application forms is Friday 17 May 2013.
Interview Dates are Thursday 6th and Friday 7th June. The Interview date for shortlisted candidates is Tuesday 18th June.
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
It is our vision to work for a world in which humans respect and live in harmony with all other members of the animal kingdom.
Animal Centre Supervisor
Full Time Animal Centre Supervisor required 37.5 hours per week.
Extensive Animal Care Experience is essential and a NVQ Level 3, or Higher National Diploma in Animal Care/Management is desirable.
Starting Salary of £15,000 per annum
Job descriptions and application forms can be downloaded or collected from the Animal Centre Reception, Wade Street, Halifax, HX1 1SN.
Closing Date for applications is Thursday 16th May. Interviews will be held on Monday 20th May.