Willing To Care
Click here to view cheap flea and worm veterinary products including Frontline, Drontal, Effipro, Panacur, and Plerion. We also stock pet health medicines for conditions such as arthritis, stress and dental care.
WILLING TO CARE
Have you made arrangements
for your pet after your death?
RSPCA Halifax, Huddersfield & District Branch
Willing to care
when you're not there
Every year we care for, rehabilitate and re home hundreds of dogs, cats and small animals.
Our Scheme is completely free but we are always grateful to anyone who would like to remember us in their will.
Your gift will make a big difference and help with the branches valuable welfare work.
WHO IS THE SCHEME FOR?
The Scheme is for any person over the age of eighteen who is concerned about the welfare of their dog or cat after their death and requires the peace of mind that their pet will be rehomed with loving new owners.
HOW DOES THE SCHEME WORK?
· You must specify in your will that you are leaving your pet to the RSPCA Halifax, Huddersfield & District Branch under the "Willing to Care Scheme."
· If you are taken into a nursing home or feel unable to look after your pet, you can sign your pet into our care for re homing and he/she will be given priority entrance.
· On being informed of a member's death, the branch will immediately take special care of your beloved pet.
· If required we will arrange to collect your pet and bring him or her into our care.
· Using the answers to your pet's questionnaire (updated annually) we will ensure that there is minimal stress to your pet by following where possible his/her likes/dislikes and routines.
· If your pet is over 10 years of age, we are especially well equipped to rehome him or her. The branch has an award winning Elderly Animal Re homing Scheme so we will automatically place your pet on this Scheme and look after him or her in a foster home until adoption.
· We will ensure your pet is adopted as soon as possible in a suitable home for the rest of his/her life. Careful home checks will be carried out to ensure we have the right home for your special pet.
HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER?
· Simply complete the application form and return it to the branch.
· A welcome pack including a pet questionnaire will be sent to you. Please complete a questionnaire for each pet and return it to us.
· On receipt of your questionnaire and after acceptance onto the Scheme, a membership card will be issued.
· Ensure you have left clear instructions in your will.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept dogs/cats that have bitten people as we would not be able to place them safely in suitable homes.