Animal Event Volunteer
Like to spend time with animals? Why not help out at one of our events? All of our events have plenty of four legged friends attending!
What will I be doing?
Possible tasks are:
• Help on a stall or with a game
• meet and greet people at the events
• help set up and clear down the event
• Bucket Collection/Sell Raffle Tickets/Hand out information
• Admin support at Registration Tents
• support participants taking part in events, such as marshalling, cheering or handing out refreshments
What skills, experience and attributes do I need?
Along with having great communication and interpersonal skills, we ask that you are:
• flexible and willing to volunteer outdoors
• enthusiastic about the RSPCA and helping at events
• willing to work as part of a team.
If you have specific skills and experience that you think might be useful – such as event management, IT design, etc - please let us know when you apply
Who will I be volunteering with?
You’ll be volunteering as part of the team making the event happen, working with other volunteers and RSPCA staff helping to create a great experience for all.
How much time will I be expected to give?
The amount of time you need to give will depend on your role at the event. There could be some early mornings but we’ll never ask you to help for more than five hours. And for some roles, such as helping with promotion or set up, we may only need your help for a couple of hours.
Things you need to know
You will need to dress appropriately for the event; this could be due to weather conditions and interactions with animals. For example you may be helping at our K9 party which is held in summer and can have over 600 dogs attending!
What can I expect from the Branch?
In return for your valuable help we aim to ensure that volunteering for the RSPCA is a fulfilling and worthwhile experience. You’ll have support from staff, with the opportunity to gain and develop skills and meet other volunteers.
I’m interested, what’s my next step?
If you’d like to find out more about becoming an event volunteer and helping to fight against animal cruelty, please sign up today.