Based at RSPCA Animal Centre, Halifax
Minimum apprentice wage £3.50 per hour - working 37.5 hours a week Monday – Friday
You will need to possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships excellent organisation, effecting listening and communication skills. You will need to be computer literate with IT qualifications commensurate to the position.
You will be highly motivated and able to work under pressure on your own initiative whilst retaining a good sense of humour.
The successful candidate will work towards NVQ Level 2 in Business & Administration
We are recruiting the apprentice through different colleges, please see below how to apply to the college which suits you best.
To apply through Calderdale College please follow the link to Indeed.co.uk
Closing date for receipt of applications 26th March 2018
CHARITY SHOP MANAGERS
Based in Halifax & Huddersfield
Salary Range: c£17466 per annum plus benefits.
Full Time 37.5 hrs
During the last 2 years, the Halifax and Huddersfield branch of the RSPCA have continued to develop their network of Charity Shops. Our branch now has opportunities for dynamic Shop Managers to manage in our charity shops. We are seeking talented and dedicated individuals to join our team. You must be experienced in retail shop management, commercially aware and have a flair for fashion and retail display. Ideally you will have worked in charity retail before. You will have passion and leadership and be able to work in a hands-on environment. The work is hard but never dull, and provides the opportunity for personal fulfilment and achievement. The post will have overall responsibility for the management, administration, profitability and effectiveness of a charity shop. We offer great job satisfaction knowing that your efforts help to raise funds for the delivery of animal welfare services at our branch animal centre.
Principal Accountabilities are:
- Driving sales to achieve shop retail targets.
- Maximise implementation of gift aid.
- Merchandising and shop display.
- Recruitment and retention of shop volunteers.
- Stock generation.
- Promote the shop in the local area using all available promotional opportunities.
- Promotion of Branch & Society initiatives and campaigns to promote the awareness of the charity.
You will be able to demonstrate
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy
- Experience in retail shop management
- a flair for fashion and display
- Hard work and dedication in a challenging environment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to develop and motivate a team.
- A clear understanding of legislation as it applies to Health & Safety, Animal Welfare, Data Protection, Equality and Diversity and Employment.
To apply, please complete the application form and return to the branch office to
email@example.com The closing date for completed application forms is Friday 2nd of March. Interviews will take place on the 13th and 14th of March.
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
It is our vision to work for a world in which humans respect and live in harmony with all other members of the animal kingdom.